Well here we are again. There is SO much going on in our family and I've yet to document anything!! Our most exciting news is the newest member to the family. A beautiful Miniature Australian Shepard named Carly.
We just adore her! She has most definitely made our lives harder, but she is oh so worth it!
Her sweet doggie snuggles make you forget all about stepping in puppy poop with your bare feet. Almost...
We've been sticking to a very strict routine with her. We're following "The dog whisper" program and it seems to be working great! Some days are better than others of course, but I'm seriously considering converting the program from puppies to children. Carly is a better listener than most children in this household.
Chloe told me to sit the other day when I didn't give her what she wanted. Such a good Mommy that girl. :)
Noah is almost done with Kindergarten! Where has the time gone! Sometimes I look at his face and see my little baby Noah James and nothing has changed. Other times I see a toothless maniac (He's down 4 teeth!) who likes to push every button I have! He really is a sweet lil' guy. He is still very curious about everything, asks waaaay too many questions and just likes to be heard people!
I've always heard that boys are physically exhausting and girls are emotionally exhausting.Well this kid is the complete package. He is destructive and messy, yet demands eye contact when drilling you about Star Wars or Kung Fu Panda or the latest, "Where do dogs come from?"
The other day I was driving him to school and he asked, "Mom? If a girl dog needs a boy dog to have babies, and we don't have a boy dog, why do we need to take Carly to get spayed?" So I explained that it was the responsible thing to do. "A boy dog could come running up to her in the park or she could get out and a boy dog could find her." As I was saying these words I started to panic! I kept thinking "Shut up Cristina! You know what is coming because you said that!" And I was right. I looked back in the rear view mirror and instantly made eye contact with his big blue eyes and those questioning eyebrows. So I did what every good Mom does when they don't want to talk to their children in the car. I turned the music up.
"MOM!" he screamed. "MOM! Turn the music down!! How does the boy dog give his sperm to the girl dog?" (He knew all about sperm from a previous and still just as horrifying conversation.) At this point we were almost to Noah's school and I figured I better answer his question before he got out of the car and posed the same question to his friends. So I just plain and simply said, "With his hoodie Noah." Now if you don't know our family, hoodie is what we call the male part.
"Oh." he said. "With his hoodie?" I nodded and said, "Yes, with his hoodie. Have a great day at school! Love you!" And that was that.
To be continued I'm sure.
Well well well... If it isn't Robin, or spiderman or batman or whatever he is at the moment. Yesterday he must have changed his outfit 20 times! Ah, our lil' Spencenator. We love this child. He is still absolutely the funniest person I know. His timing is always perfect. Last week Nick and I were having a discussion at the dinner table about having manners. Chewing with our mouths closed, not using our fingers, you know, the usual. So, Noah asked if it was polite to eat your sandwich with your hands or if you should eat it with a fork. He demonstrated by picking up his fork and eating a pretend sandwich and saying, "Is this polite Mom?" Before I could even respond to Noah, Spencer sticks up his middle finger and says, "Is this polite Mom?"
I'm just happy we were home for that one.
Spencer is a kind, loving SMART human being and we love him to pieces! He is going to preschool and learning to read!
Then there is this one...
She is doted on by her three boys. Anything and everything she screams, she gets. She is one lucky little lady. She's been talking up a storm lately. She doesn't have the vocabulary her brother Spencer had at this age, but she definitely has been blessed with the gift of gab. She LOVES the movie Tangled. I swear every other word out of her mouth is "PRINCESS!" She is constantly asking Nick and I to sing her the "Princess song" or watch "Princess show" it's getting a little old...
Ahhhh... A voice only a mother could love. LOOOOVE HER!





1 comment:
Glad you posted something! Your kids are so cute. I am not ready for one of those sperm conversations. Luckily I think I have a few more years, and being on a farm I am hoping it will be a more "natural" conversation. Who knows...
Post a Comment