Thursday, October 2, 2008

He's growing up...

Here I sit in a quiet house, Spencer down for his morning nap and Noah off at preschool. I've already cleaned the whole house, thought about what to make Noah for lunch and paid some bills. What the heck am I supposed to do now!?! I've found myself missing my little best friend the short periods he is away. He is only at school 2 days a week for 3 hours and he's not missing me thats for sure! Nick and I have really been nervous about sending him to preschool. Anyone who knows Noah knows he is a mamma's boy! BIG TIME! We thought he would have a hard time adjusting seeing how everytime we try to drop him off in nursey at church he throws a fit! So we ussually took turns staying in there with him till he felt comfortable enough to let us go. (which never happened) Little did I know that while we are not watching our seemingly wary child is a social butterfly! He loves his new school and his teacher told me to watch him from one of the windows the other day to see how he acted when I wasn't around and I was shocked! Running around talking and laughing and singing to all the songs! Why doesn't he do that when I"m around? Our little baby is growing up so fast he is already embarrassed that his mom is there watching him. The other day I dropped him off and I left him there sitting on the floor surounded by girls in complete awe of his tall block tower. I tried to say goodbye to him and make him give me a kiss but he was having none of that! All I could get out of him was a soft "bye mom" he wouldn't even look at me!! So here I sit totally sad that my baby is growing up and not needing me so much. I found myself getting WAY to excited this morning when the garbage truck drove by... then I remembered, Noah isn't here and why the heck am I excited for the garbage truck? He is on to new and bigger things and here I am, missing my little best friend and sad that I have no one to share my excitment for the garbage truck.

3 comments:

Emily said...

That is so sad. It's so hard to watch them grow up and not need us so much. I know the feeling! We made our blog private, so I need your email address to make sure you still have access.

Anonymous said...

Aww, so sad but also so sweet. I miss my little Rocky who was just a baby!! But of the switch side I enjoy my precocious toddler who is always entertaining me with new thought/words, etc. I guess their growing up is just affirmation that we're doing a good job at parenting them. That said, I'll be bawling like a baby when he graduates preschool and goes on to kindergarten!!

Nick and Cristina Anderson said...

Hey Emily! It's cristinaanderson3@gmail.com