Our family pet has kicked the bucket. Nobody really cared about her (sad but true) and she just swam around for the past 9 months in a fish bowl in the boys' bathroom.
The other day I went in there and she was a goner! I didn't even really think to tell Noah... I didn't think he would care. So the next day, Noah and I were cleaning the bathroom and he gasps "Where is Goldie?" So I said "She died."
OOh man... If I knew what was going to happen then, I at least would have tried to soften the blow!
He bawled and cried for an hour! This is the same kid who watched his grandparents dog get hit by a car, then look at me and say, "Oh well! Cozmo wasn't being safe! He didn't look both ways... Thats what happens. Oh well."
So I didn't know he would react this way! I tried to explain to him that fish just don't live that long, and Goldie was happy in heaven now. Then he cries and cries and says "She wasn't happy with me?" oh it was so sad!
We were having the missionaries over for dinner that night, and we told them what had happened, so they prepared a family home evening about Goldie the fish, and where she went. That made him feel a lot better, he can't wait to die now so he can see Goldie again! :)
Then we ran out to Pets Mart and bought a knew fish!
1 comment:
Oh my poor little Noah James!! That is so sad! So whos the new fishy? Whats his name?
Post a Comment