Friday, May 8, 2009

Dominican Republic

We are going on vacation!
We leave for the DR in 5 days! We are really excited, but very anxious. I swear I get a panic attack every time I think about it.
Why might you ask? Because we are taking our kids! Yes, we are taking our 3, and 1 year old on a 9 hour plan ride. We must be insane...
I'm packing benodryl, (in case they need to be drugged on the plane) and an assortment of other things to keep them occupied.
But the best part of all is I get to see Chris, my sister and my little Daxy! We have a layover in Dallas and they are going to come to the airport so we can chump each others babies! I'm so excited!
If anyone has ANY tips for long plane rides with small children (other than just not doing it!) please help a mother out!

4 comments:

Evelyn said...

Maybe you should be the one to take the benodryl!!

Martin Family said...

LEAPSTER! Colin and Taylor both love them. They will play for a while. Longer than any other toys we have :) and they are educational! Love them!

Anonymous said...

Oh, it will be a breeze. We took Rocky to France and Greece at 11 months and I thought it would be a nightmare but he did fab. Give them a decongestant prior so the ears don't get plugged and you'll be good to go. I would be more worried about that for Spencer than Noah because his little ear canals are less developed and sometimes the change in altitude can cause them to plug up even when you get there so I would continue giving it to him even a couple days after. Good luck!

Nicole Hernandez said...

Wow that is awesome! Is that where Nick served his mission? Is that why you're going there? Good luck-I have no advice, I've never done it!