What should I do? I want that pacifier back in my child's mouth so badly I can hardly stand it!
This has been the worst 2 weeks of my life!
I don't even remember what a good nights sleep feels like. I thought he was doing ok at first, but he wakes up EVERY night and screams for an hour!
It has interrupted Noah's sleep and we've had to move his mattress to our bedroom floor just so he can sleep. The other night Spencer was crying and Noah started screaming at the top of his lungs, "SPENCER!!! I HATE YOUR SCREAMS! I HATE YOUR CRYING!" our poor neighbors...
If we didn't have they're feelings to consider I'd just let him cry, but I'm having to go in there every night to calm him down so the neighbors won't bang on the wall! Which in turn, makes matters worse.
Now that no one in our house has been getting good sleep, we've all been cranky and mean.
Is this worth it? I keep thinking if I give in, all these nights of crying will be for nothing, and maybe, just maybe this is the last night of the screaming and crying.
Sigh... maybe tonight will be the our lucky night, I think I can do it, I think we can do it for one more night.
Why am I doing this again?
I don't even remember what a good nights sleep feels like. I thought he was doing ok at first, but he wakes up EVERY night and screams for an hour!
It has interrupted Noah's sleep and we've had to move his mattress to our bedroom floor just so he can sleep. The other night Spencer was crying and Noah started screaming at the top of his lungs, "SPENCER!!! I HATE YOUR SCREAMS! I HATE YOUR CRYING!" our poor neighbors...
If we didn't have they're feelings to consider I'd just let him cry, but I'm having to go in there every night to calm him down so the neighbors won't bang on the wall! Which in turn, makes matters worse.
Now that no one in our house has been getting good sleep, we've all been cranky and mean.
Is this worth it? I keep thinking if I give in, all these nights of crying will be for nothing, and maybe, just maybe this is the last night of the screaming and crying.
Sigh... maybe tonight will be the our lucky night, I think I can do it, I think we can do it for one more night.
Why am I doing this again?
7 comments:
I wish I had words of wisdom for you that sounds so rough... for everyone. I hope it all works out.
Oh my goodness this makes me want to take away Oliver's pacifier even sooner! My mom always says,"This too shall pass." I am sorry you are having such a hard time! My poor babes! Hang in there, stay strong! I love you!
Holy crap! You poor thing!! Is there something you can give him to soothe that might replace the paci?? Shoot! Hang in there. I feel so bad!
I can't believe its taking so long for him to adjust! That's so hard! When Henry got off the paci he became really attached to his blankies. Maybe Spencer needs something to replace the paci?
Don't give in, but then I have no experience with kids and pacifiers. He has to get over it soon, I would think anyway.
I want to say don't give in, but this isn't just you and your family you have to think about, you have to be considerate to your neighbors as well. Unfortunately. The only thing I can say is maybe Spencer is not ready to give up his paci. Maybe he isn't old enough to understand. My niece didn't give up her paci until she was about 2 1/2. I didn't necessarily agree with it, but at the same time I realized she needed to understand that she was a big girl and big girls don't use paci's. She did and the only reprecussion was that once the paci's were gone, so was an afternoon nap. Ouch! So apparently it's a give and take situation. Not sure if this is the best advice, but like I said I just don't think Olivia is ready to give it up or old enough to understand so we aren't planning on breaking her of it until at least the beginning of next year.
You poor thing! I can totally relate. Brayden had his pacifier (I am a terrible mother) until he was 3. I tried everything to get rid of it! I tried cutting all the tips off so that he hated sucking on them. I had many nights with no sleep! Once we got rid of the pacifiers, the darn kid found his thumb! He sucked his thumb until he was 5!!! Then he got really sick and we told him that it was because he sucked his thumb. For some odd reason, that was all it took. He hates being sick, so he stopped sucking his thumb right then and there. It will get better, I promise. Just be consistent! You can do it!
Post a Comment