Thursday, February 4, 2010

We've moved!

Yep! We've moved! Thus the delayed posts, sorry to my friends who've missed them! I love you Amy! Thanks for reminding me!

It was completely unplanned and spontaneous but it just felt right. 
We've been living close to Midtown so Nick could be closer to school  for the last almost 2years and we've loved it. Only problem... well actually there were multiple problems. 

Problem #1, No washer and dryer, with kids it was nearly impossible to avoid laundry more than a couple days. We actually had a trash bag full of diarrhea and vomit soaked bed sheets sitting on our porch  for 2 days because we couldn't drive all the way to Nick's Mom and Dad's house, which is where we had to take our laundry.

Which brings us to problem #2, we were at least 20 mins to a half hour away (depending on traffic.. ugh, that Watt light!) from our families and all our activities like preschool, swim lessons and so on. HATED THAT!

Problem #3, our parking spot was far away and our apartment was upstairs. 
Let me paint you a little picture...
It's raining, I pull into our parking space and look back and both my children are sleeping and I've got 4 bags full of groceries. 
What should I do? Carry them both across the parking lot and up 2 flights of stairs? Then hope they stay asleep so I can run back down and get my groceries? (which they probably won't, remember it's raining.)
I opt to carry them both, and string the grocery bags across my arms and listen to them crying all the while in my ears because the rain is falling in their faces. I have serious back issues because of this!

Happened more times then I can count. Definitely don't miss that. 

Well, I think I've complained enough, anyway we are so happy to be in our new home! 
We found a nice duplex with a HUGE backyard and all the things I've been dreaming about! We're about to cut our downtown ties with Nick in his last semester of Law School and well, life is finally getting more comfortable. 

6 comments:

Sheila said...

OH MY GOSH YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOO happy for you Cristina!! Wow, seriously...a backyard?? It's better than I imagined...and now you can totally agree!! (Well, if it ever stops raining enough for the boys to get outside, you will agree!) I'm so excited for you guys congrats on the move!! Can't wait for more pictures!!!

Rachael and Clay Anderson said...

We're so happy to have our cousins like 3 minutes away!

jazmine said...

I'm so jealous!!! Can't wait to see the new place.(I'll be in town for a full week the first of March)

amy and adam said...

yay! i heart cristina posts! :-)

Lori and Brian Faulconer said...

Awesome! Where are you now? I guess we should have taken advantage of having you nearby and in our stake when we had the chance, huh?

Nicole Hernandez said...

What ward are you in now? That is exciting!