Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Chloe's Birth

This is going to be completely boring to anyone who isn't family. And maybe a little bit gross, but hey, it's all natural! I want to remember how our little princess came into this world so here goes!

Saturday October 16th.
Nick and I went out on our last date together before the baby would be born. We decided to go for some spicy Mexican. Ya know, to speed things along. Then we went and walked around for a bit. Needless to say, I did NOT feel good that night. I kept waking up with painful contractions that were not very consistent, but they were painful! I breathed through them and eventually fell back asleep. 

Sunday October 17th
I woke up and felt horrible! I was exhausted from the night and the baby had dropped! I had like a smushy pit right under my ribs where she used to be. Very weird feeling. I could breath a lot easier, but I then had the "basket ball between the legs" feeling. NOT fun peeps... not fun.
We stayed home from church and went on a walk. I just felt off all day and decided to go to bed early. That night I had contractions every 8 mins for the entire night. Every other one I would have to breath through. So I would get about a 15 min break between ones that really hurt. Oh if I only knew then what I know now. If only those contractions could have stayed at that level of pain. OOOOh, just thinking about this makes me cringe. 


Monday October 18th
Woke up, contractions had stopped. Felt yucky all day and then started having irregular PAINFUL contractions around lunchtime. Come bedtime they had stopped and I got a full nights rest! (Thank you heavenly father!) 

Tuesday October 19th  
 Nick decided not to go to work that day, something was going on and if I didn't have that baby soon, I would die of exhaustion! I mean come on people! Two days of contractions! Not cool. 
Now let me just say that I am one of those women who have consistent contractions starting around 24 weeks with all my pregnancies. But those are braxton hicks. These my friends were not.  Moving along... I started bleeding and we decided it was time to go. We called Uncle Jordan and left for the hospital around noon. 
We get there and get set up in the triage. I was still having contractions about every 8 mins but not every one would hurt. So the nurse checks me and I've dilated to a 3. An hour later and I'm about a 3 and a half. 
For whatever reason the food network channel was on while we were in the triage, and it being around lunch time Nick and I were starving and that stupid channel was only making it worse!  Now why in the world they only let you have crap like jello, or non food items like ice cubes (yeah that will really fill me up!) I'll never know. I guess they don't want you to throw up your food, but is dry heaving any better? I guess if I had to be the one cleaning up the mess I'd only feed my patients easy to clean up crap like that as well. Anyway, We decided it would be more comfortable for me to labor at home and go get something to eat. So the nurse said goodbye and she would see us in a couple hours and we were on our way.
Nick suggested Mexican food again for lunch. I went along, and had a couple nasty contractions while we were eating our food.  Then it hit me. I'd been contracting for a couple days now, obviously my body was in early labor and getting things done. I had epidurals with Noah and Spencer and I was NOT about to go without one this time around. What if things start happening too fast and I don't have time to get one! I seriously DID NOT want to feel the ring of fire. (cringe) Doesn't that analogy sound horrible! The ring of FIRE people. The RING OF FIRE.
Well we went home and went for a walk. My mom came over and massaged my feet for an hour! Then I took a nap. Then the horror began. The shear horror of a contraction that brought me to the floor in tears. Then not even 3 mins later, another one. Then another one.
We raced to the hospital and I had dilated to a 5 and a half. I was ready for my epidural!! They took me to a room and by the time I got all settled in I had dilated to a 6 almost 7. 

Then the shakes came and I couldn't stop! It was really hard trying to stay still for an epidural with the shakes AND contractions. Nick got queasy (again) and a nurse had to hold me while I was getting the epidural in place. Poor girl. She probably has scars on her waist from my finger nails. 
From there things went pretty smoothly, the drugs were working, things were progressing pretty fast and I had warned all the staff that I'd eaten Mexican food for lunch.  :)
We watched dancing with the stars, talked to Jenna on the phone and hung out with our nurses. Then it was time to push, my Mom put my sister on speaker phone, I pushed 3 times and on the 4th push the Doctor came rushing in just in time to catch our little princess!   
So there ya have it. I've left out some gory details but the only thing that was missing that day was my sister. She was there when I had Noah and Spencer and I missed her terribly!

 I just love these pictures of my boys. They are both such good big brothers. Noah has been a little too helpful at times, and Spencer is just now acknowledging that she is around. :) But they both love her and call her their princess. It's seriously cute.





 Chloe is such a blessing in our house. She brings a sweetness that was much needed! I can't even imagine what we ever did without our little girl around. I couldn't be happier. I'm just cherishing every moment I have with these little munchkins because they grow up way too quickly!

Ok, I'm tired. I think I might need to invest in a high potency vitamin K treatment for these awesome dark circles under my eyes.  Goodnight!

8 comments:

Lively's said...

I am pretty sure that it is not normal AT ALL that look that good after you have a baby! Congratulations to your little growing family! She is beautiful! And you will soon find out just how different girls are from boys! IN EVERY WAY!

jazmine said...

I loved reading the birth story!!! She is so cute and I'm so happy that you have your little girl!

jazmine said...

I loved reading the birth story!!! She is so cute and I'm so happy that you have your little girl!

Sheila said...

Totally not boring for non fam---SHE IS SO PERFECT!! Sounds like a long couple of days...I was reading thinking, "Oh my gosh, did she NOT have an epidural??? Did it all go too fast???" Very relieved to see that you DID get it, and in time! And 4 pushes?? Shoot girl! I'm crossing my fingers for something along those lines too!!! LOVE YOU and your SWEET SWEET family!!!

Alys said...

Glad you posted your story. Does not sound fun, but it was not too bad. Epidurals are amazing. Totally worth it. Now I just need to meet Chloe.

Brooke said...

What a darling little girl you have! Did you have some serious heartburn with all that hair she has?? WOW! Congrats!

Skyler, Alli, Maddux & Little Miss Peyton! said...

She totally looks like an Anderson. Love her already!

So many blogs..too little time said...

So precious! Great story. Too bad I didn't get to meet her at thanksgiving:(