Friday, September 12, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOAH!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOAH JAMES!!!!







Today marks the completion of the third year of Noah's life. How quickly time passes. . . I remember going to the hospital the night before he was born, utterly unaware of how much my life was about to change. I am convinced that Cristina knew exactly what was happening at all times, and never felt the same "deer in the headlights" confusion that I did; she always just seemed to know what was going on. It is definitely her confidence in this whole parenthood thing that makes our kids so great. I am a bumbling fool compared to her - but then that goes without saying.

These last three years have given me a joy that I did not think possible. I could not be more pleased with Noah. Although I try not to compare my kids to any set of preconceived expectations that I may have, Noah has exceeded any ideal I could have thought up. Since this is his birthday I am going to take this opportunity to brag. Maybe this is just the proud-dad syndrome talking, but the kid never fails to amaze me with his ability to learn new things with incredible facility.

He has his quirks to be sure - let me warn you now not to make a mess in his bathroom, I learned that lesson the hard way - also, I didn't think it was humanly possible to live on sippy-cups alone, although he manages somehow (with a few snacks now and then) - but every day I come home from work or school to find some new skill he has picked up. One day he's learned to play the drums, another he's reading - it never ends. I figure by his 10th birthday world domination is a total possibility - well maybe just a Nobel Prize.

I am so proud to be his dad. Even though he curses my name when I leave my shoes all over the floor, and kicks me in the back all night as he rolls around my bed (he sneaks in while were asleep), I could not ask for anything more. Noah is so sweet to Spencer (this too shall pass - I am sure) and he is the best big brother. Dont tell CPS, but it has happened before that when both boys wake up too early, in the effort to get some prescious extra sleep, we put Spencer in his swing in the living room, turn on PBS, and Noah makes sure Spencer is entertained and supplied with a pacifier. Shhh! Dont't tell nobody. It only works because Noah loves to take care of his brother so much and Spencer is absolutely obsessed with Noah.

I love my family - all made possible by Cristina's tireless efforts.
Peace.

1 comment:

cory and tara said...

Nick, I really enjoyed reading your tribute to Noah, and all the nice things yuou said about Cristina. You are such a good husband and father. Happy Birthday Noah!