Friday, January 9, 2009

Snow!

We took the kids to the snow this year. Noah had never seen snow before! I was pregnant last year and didn't feel like walking around through the snow. So we decided last Saturday that we would make the drive and go! Needless to say, BAD idea! First off I have to say that Noah had a blast in the snow! So that was totally worth it! He couldn't contain his squeals of delight! The second we got out of the car he dropped and made a snow angel! (He learned all about snow from Elmo's world, and that's what they do:) ) So after we sledded and played for about and hour we headed to Truckee to get some lunch. We are not a fast food kinda family so we were searching for a place where we could eat and the kids could just relax for a bit. We found a Thai restaurant and went inside to eat. We ordered our food and waited for it to come out. Meanwhile our hostess kept coming over and kissing Noah and Spencer on the cheeks among other things. We were trying to eat our food and next thing I knew she was leaning into Spencer and she took a bite out of his cracker! And before I could snatch it out of his hands he shoved it in his mouth! I seriously almost threw up! No joke this Thai lady had the nastiest brown butter brickle teeth and my child now had her mouth germs! I was so upset! I kept trying to look in the kitchen to see if it was clean. We figured if she was so blatently nasty in front of her custormers there was some nasty things going on in that kitchen of theirs!
We left and went and played some more in the snow. We got back in the car and started our drive back home. We were stuck in major trafic and were bumper to bumper for an hour! Finally we got going and Noah started looking a little funny. Next thing we knew, barf. Next after that, traffic again. So while we were sitting in our arouma filled car, barf again. We had no way to even pull onto the side of the road! We were on a moutain, nothing to clean up the mess, and soooo regreting our trip! So as we sat there with throw-up all over my hands and all over everywhere else, (I tried to catch the vomit mid stream with my hands) Spencer decideds to scream bloody muder, the entire way home! Which, with all the traffic took about 3 1/2 hours. So we finally get home get the kids in the bathtub, get things in the washer and Spence poops in the tub. So we get them out, disinfect the tub and toys and finish getting them cleaned up. Finally we get them to bed. Then my stomach starts feeling a little funny. Very LOOONG story short. Noah woke up and we all barfed and pooped till the morning. Yep... Mrs. butter brickle teeth gave us all food poisening. But we had fun in the snow! Aahhh memories!



7 comments:

BusyMama said...

That sounds horrible! I almost threw up myself when I heard about her sticking that cracker in his mouth. Sick. There's seriously nothing worse than food poisoning. Fast food probably sounds like a good option now, huh? :)

Anonymous said...

That picture of noah laying in the snow is sooo cute!! You should frame it!!

Nicole Hernandez said...

I'm sorry you had such a horrible time! It does make for a good story though ;-)

Amy said...

It looks like you all had fun. Sorry that you all got sick, but way cute pictures.

So many blogs..too little time said...

hahaha, Aw and you would like to have more kids?:) Days like that I say No! That's a great story.

cory and tara said...

Oh that's AWFUL! Bit his cracker?!?! What?!?! Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry you guys got so sick. That is awful. I don't know why but just the name "Truckee" freaks me out a little. It sounds like a place that only truckers hang out and not nice truckers - seedy truckers. Hope you're all feeling better.

Lori and Brian Faulconer said...

What a horrible day! You should publish the name and address of that restaurant so that no one else ever gets their nasty form of hospitality.