I have the fondest memories of my Granny (mom's mom) and all the field trips we used to take.
She would take us on "adventures" and we learned so much from her!
At times, she would be a little annoying to us kids, I remember her telling my mom to stop the car on the side of the freeway one time so we could count the rings on this weird looking stump. She was a teacher, and always took the opportunity to teach her grand kids when she had the chance.
I love my Granny so much! I find myself doing things and I think, "Oh this is so Granny like."
I'm so lucky to have had someone like her to teach and love me in my life.
She has taught me how to turn everything I do with the kids into a "learning experience" and to make sure they are cultured, and have all the stimulation they need to grow into good, "thinking" human beings.
I'm grateful for Grandma's in my babies life, who are willing to do the same for them, as my Granny did for me.
Yay for Grandparents!
San Fransisco Beach!
The 1st hourMy mom and I decided to take the boy's to the beach for a picnic yesterday.
My mom packed a super yummy picnic and we jumped in the car!
If you can't tell by the picture, it was insanely windy!When we drove up we were excited that there was nobody on the beach, well... that's because we were the only stupid ones there I guess. It was way too windy for a picnic.

I kept trying to get a good picture of my mom, but her hair is so poofy, and it was so windy, that she just looked like a lion in most of the pictures! :)

My mom bought a ton of shells before we went and put them out on the sand for the kids to find and put into their buckets.
There was lots of seagulls flying around and they hovered right over our heads trying to get our shells! It freaked Noah out.




We went and had our picnic in Golden Gate Park. This dog kept coming up and stealing our food!
Her name was Angel, Spencer liked her company.

This is Kenny, he was walking by while we were eating.
Spencer neighed for an hour afterward.
Spencer neighed for an hour afterward.


3 comments:
You are such a fun mom, taking your kids to the beach on a windy day! It looks like they had a blast! I can't wait till our kids can play together and we can take them lots of fun places! Tell your mom I said "hi"! I will be in town on Sunday but it is only a 1 day trip :-( Hop e to see you soon babe! Love ya!
Ahhh! Looks like fun! Grandma's are thankful for grandkids - they make life sweet!
It looks like you have a lot of fun with your mom. My mom is my best friend! What would we do without them?!
Post a Comment