Thursday, September 24, 2009

Adventures for the week

What a week Batman and Robin have had!
Since preschool has started I've found myself running around like a chicken with it's head cut off! Between working in the school, swim practice for both boys and a MASSIVE amount of play dates, we've been busy!
We went to the effie yeaw center with some buddies and went on a long nature walk. Noah's bud Owen has a little sister the same age as Spencer so we've been spending quiet some time together lately! Spencer loves Addie, he likes to hug her. :)

Here are the kiddos on their walk! I snapped the photo 5 seconds to late, Noah and Owen were holding hands, but of course when they heard me get the camera out...

Poor Noah, always the short one of the bunch. We went to his school picnic last night and he was trying to go all the way across the monkey bars like some of his taller friends, but alas... the Batman has taken his first real tumble. He fell from the monkey bars right on his back. It knocked the wind out of him so bad he couldn't catch his breath for a while. We thought we were gonna have to call 911 for a minute there. His wonderful teacher held him and then brought him a juice box and really made me feel better! I'm horrible in these types of situations. It was nice to have somebody that was cool and collected because I sure wasn't!
He was up and running shortly after but had a really tough night. He woke up crying and said he couldn't turn from side to side and his tummy hurt. I FREAKED out and was ready to take him to the ER but called the advice nurse instead. I explained what had happened and what was going on and was told to call in the morning for an appointment. So we gave him some drugs and he slept soundly through the night. Woke up this morning swam, rode his bike, did all the things a young Batman would do. Looks like a bruised tail bone and a sore back can't even keep the man down.

Grinding some acorns!


Our kids love to play with play dough. I seriously have to buy new jars of play dough like once a week!
Spencer is up to new tricks lately. Our kids have been given the gift of gab and they use it to it's fullest! Spence NEVER stops talking and he loves to try and make you laugh! If you even smirk at something he does, he will do it over and over and over and over.. you get the point. :) Sometimes when I'm talking to my sister on the phone she'll say, "Oh my gosh... Spencer! He is so annoying!" (she loves him, she can say that) and I'll realize he's saying something like " mom, mom, mom, mom, mommy, mommy mommy mommy" over and over and over...
He has also learned lots of little gems from his brother. He likes to say, "But mom!" over and over and over... And he always seems to have something witty to say when he's in trouble. He threw a piece if his dinner on the floor the other day and I told him if he did it again he was going on a time out. And he says, "Oh darn it!" Then smiles at me and says " Sloppy joes!"
Man I love my boys!

3 comments:

amy and adam said...

what cute professional pics you had done! Aww I miss my babe! I get to see you next week for Laura's wedding though! Yay!! Love ya!

Lori and Brian Faulconer said...

Sloppy Joes? What funny kids!

Skyler, Alli, Maddux & Little Miss Peyton! said...

CUTE! Tell Noah not to worry, he will have a short cousin to hang with and feel better about himself. ;)