We were gonna give them to Jazmine's little cutie jade, but missed that play date. So I talked to him the morning of, gave him the bag of paci's and headed to preschool to pick up Noah. In the picture above he's trying to suck on one through the bag. :)
When we got to school I told him to give them to Noah's friend's little sister, which he was NOT happy about. I said, "paci's are for babies, and you're a BIG boy now!" to which he responds "waaa waa waa!" So Noah had to do it for him. Then he stared at the baby for awhile, then ran off to play with some friends.
Oh how I wish that was the end of the story... but it's not. That night was pretty rough. He fell asleep fine, I heard him from his crib asking for his paci, and Noah telling him they were gone. Then they both fell sound asleep and I could not believe it had been that easy! I must have been high on my luck or something and decided to stay up till midnight. (stupid stupid) Of course as soon as Nick and I JUST fall asleep Spencer wakes up screaming.
He screamed for an hour and a half! It really is the worst living in an apartment with children. If I went in there every time he wakes up at night he would scream and call for me EVERY night, so we were trying to let him cry it out.
He was looking for a paci in his crib and screaming for me to come and tickle his back. So after an hour we heard a pound on our wall from our poor neighbors. So we went in there and calmed him down and put him back in his crib. He cried for about 15 more minutes and FINALLY stopped!
Luckily our neighbors went away for the weekend and he cried for the next 2 nights.
Three days later we are happy to say that the crying has stopped, our neighbors have forgiven us, and the dreaded PACI is a thing of the past!
8 comments:
Yay Spencer!
wow sounds rough... Boston never took to pacifiers for some reason so we've never used them with him but we did just wean him off going to bed with his bottle and that was rough too. It just breaks your heart to let them cry even when you know they need to. Good job being strong.
YOU DID IT!! I say YAY to YOU and Nick. Spencer's not going to remember the difference but YOU GUYS ARE!! HALLELU--(can't figure out how to spell that word...hmm) ANYWYAYS! CONGRATS! That's great.
This makes me not want to give my baby pacifiers. Good work though.
good im glad he gave them to another baby and not Jade otherwise I think he would hate her forever!! and that can't happen because they are going to get married! I hate living in apartments just the other night I went in and gave jade her paci even though i shouldn't have just because I was worried about the neighbors. we had so much fun seeing you!!
You guys are brave! We haven't taken the paci away just yet. I'm waiting until I have Jake to start that up. Hopefully it goes smooth (cross your fingers). I didn't think she was completely attached to it, and within the past couple months she has decided to prove me wrong. I'm thinking around the new year we'll cold turkey it. Let's hope for the best. Congrats on your triumph!!
Awesome! So we are headed for the days of no Paci and would love some advice especially when they will STILL be in the house due to little suckerfish Gav! Although Jacob knows that it is only used for bedtime, I keep telling him that they will soon be gone. I'm nervous potty training, converting him to a big boy bed, and taking the paci all around the same time but time is slipping away! It's my goal to have it done before I go back to work....we will see! Wish me luck!
I HATE neighbors! Apartments are the worst. Someday I will have to tell you about our apartment and neighbors...not quite a story for a blog. One day we will all have our own house and are children can scream and cry without any offense! One day...
We love and miss y'all!
Post a Comment