Tuesday, November 3, 2009

He's in PAIN!!

Apple Hill 2009
My Mom and I took the boys' to Apple Hill this year a little later then we usually do, but it was one of the most memorable trips we've had in awhile!


Noah and the Gourds



Every time we go into Target Noah wants to go look at the fishing pools. He's never been before, so we thought it would be fun to let him fish in the little pond they have at High Hill.

I rented him a pole and the little old man tried to tell me how to cast the line. I admit, I just wasn't listening (in my defense I was trying to keep my 20 month old spastic son from jumping into the lake.) so after a couple trials in vain, some kind man came and helped us cast the line.

Noah and Anthony sat and reeled in their line and were having a good Ol' time. Then we caught a fish...

I ran over and tried to help reel him in and Noah started freaking out because he thought the fish was trying to bite him. We brought the fish out of the water and he was flipping all over the place! I was trying to get Noah to hold the line so I could take his picture but he was having none of that!

Then my Mom starts screaming, " Cristina! He's bleeding!" and I look down at the fish and the poor thing was just gushing blood out of his gill. Then I screamed, and the fish started flapping everywhere and sprayed blood nasty all over Anthony!
So for some reason I was still trying to get Noah to come over and get a dang picture with the fish and my Mom starts saying. "He's bleeding, he's in PAIN! He's in PAIN!" and poor Noah is just traumatized.

He wouldn't go near the fish and by the time we got the thing over to the barn to have him wrapped up we were splashed with fish blood.
It wasn't as fun for Noah as I was hoping.


A cleaned up fishy!

Spencer was the only one brave enough to hold the line.
Then the fish flapped around and freaked him out so badly, he dropped the fish and turned to run but fell in a mud pile. :)


His poor little heart was still beating.
The man told Noah to come here so he could show him the insides. He made the first slice with his knife and Noah got sprayed with fish juice.
He was not a happy camper.


Adam didn't get to go with us, so he wanted me to take a picture of Spencer eating his first apple fritter.


When we got back my Dad and Adam were taking up the grass in the backyard so they can make a huge garden! I'm so excited! Noah helped his uncle. He was a good farmer.

1 comment:

Alys said...

I think you guys needed Adam there for help with the fish. That is so funny. I completely had a great picture of you and your mom with this fish. Poor Noah. Hopefully his next fishing trip will be better. Anyway, Apple Hill is way fun. Maybe we will make it up there closer to Thanksgiving.