Noah started at a new school this last week! Here he is with his new teacher! He's still 4, so we are planning on sending him to Kindergarten again at a different school next year. But as for now, we got him into a good Montessori program and the little booger doesn't come home till 2pm!!
It's definitely a long day. I'm having a really hard time adjusting to him being gone so much. I HATE it! Let me say it again... I HATE IT!!!
Nick has had to have multiple pep talks with me. He says things like "everything will be okay, he's having fun, don't hold him back, don't let him feel your anxiety, you'll be okay Cristina, you need to let him grow up." Blah, BLAH BLAH!! It's still hard to watch your baby growing away from you.
I've actually learned a lot about myself this last week. I don't care how annoying I am, I'm just one of THOSE Moms.
One of those Moms who stay outside the classroom peeking in the window to make sure he's okay. One of those Moms who HAS to be involved in ALL their kid's activities.
One of those Moms who will be at every field trip, every birthday party they're invited too.
One of those Moms who packs way too much food in their lunch boxes because the thought of them being hungry just kills me!
I'm annoying, and I'm having a hard time letting go of my first born baby.
He is having a blast though. He is so friendly! He could make friends with a spoon! (weird analogy) He likes to play with the little girls though... Not that there's anything wrong with that, (every time I say that I think of Seinfield) he is just a ladies man I guess. :)
On his last day of preschool, his teacher told them to be good and listen to all the rules or they'll get sent to the principal's office. So he was freaked out about the principal's office for like a week after that! And for whatever reason my Mom told Noah that I got sent to the Principal's office when I was in 1st grade because I cut my hair at school. (big whoop right?) Anyway, Noah was shocked! He asked his Daddy if he ever got sent to the principal's office and of course, Mr. goodie two shoes over here said "NO! I ALWAYS follow all the rules!"
So yesterday after I picked up Noah from school he said, "Mom? I don't think the principal's office is that bad! There's like toys and blocks and stuff in there."
"Yeah, but you still don't want to get into trouble Noah." I said.
To which he raises his eyebrows (or uni-brow. It needs to be waxed, but that's another story) and says "Yeah... I'm gonna be just like Dad, huh Mom."
"Yes Noah." I said.
"Yeah, Just like Dad, not like you." He said.
To which I defensively reply "Everybody makes mistakes Noah!"
Nick LOVES this story.
4 comments:
I am sure it is really hard having him be gone. But, I know he is having so much fun and loving it. And, I loved THOSE moms who wanted to come to everything, because it was super helpful having extra adults at crazy things like parties and field trips.
LOL--This is so funny Cristina! 2 pm??? Wow! That really is a long day! I have no doubt he's doing great. Good choice on Montessori, should really help him excel! Hang in there mamma! It'll get better.
I'm glad he is enjoying it! You are what some teachers call a "stay at school mom". Haha! I'm sure it will get better. We need to get together sometime soon because I just moved back to Sac!
Don't worry, I'm one of "those mom's", too.
Post a Comment