Saturday, January 15, 2011

The haps in this house

I have been severely neglecting my blog as of late. Being a Mommy to 3 kids is a little challenging  for this worn out woman over here.

But alas my dear friends, I AM BACK! 
Little miss muffet is sleeping a solid 7 straight hours at night, and I can feel the fat slowly jiggling away from my mid section. 
Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board
My in laws got Nick and I a Wii with a Fit board for Christmas this year. AH! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It's helped me get my smushy booty in gear!  Seriously one of the best gifts ever! 

Star Wars TrilogyBatman - Holy BatmaniaWith Operation "Get my body back" in full swing, Chloe being a perfect angel, Noah still wearing his torn up Batman costume, trying to keep Spencer alive and answering a ba-zillion questions about Batman, Cat woman, Star Wars and the latest, Where did Chloe come from?" I've got my plate filled!

Has anyone had to explain to their children where they came from yet? I really was not ready for that question. Nor was I ready to look my 5 year old in the eyes while I TRIED to explain. 

I was rocking lil' Clo and Noah came up and asked if he could hold her. So I sat him on the couch and helped him support her head and just sat there and watched the cuteness of sibling love.
Noah then asks, "How the heck did she fit in your tummy Mom? Why did she go in there? Didn't that hurt?" so I just gave him a short and sweet answer of "well she wanted to come to our family, and yes, it hurt." I looked at his face and saw instant confusion.  Now anyone who knows our Noah, knows that he has the most expressive eyebrows on the planet. They were giving me the "What are you not telling me" look, and I knew I was in trouble. "Moooom." he says, "Did she pop in there through your belly button?" This conversation with an inquisitive child like Noah could go a little farther then I was ready to go. So I simply said, "Daddy put a little seed in my tummy and she grew bigger and bigger." As soon as I said "little seed" I thought "Crap! please let my phone ring! Somebody knock on the door! Spencer Take one of his toys and flaunt it in his face!" yet, he kept staring at my face, with his cute big blue eyes and those big bushy eyebrows. "Mom?" he says "A seed? A baby seed? How did he put it in there?"  
I read an article in Parents magazine about how to answer your young children's questions about the birds and the bees, literally, like, the day before, and I was all ready to talk to my kids with age appropriate answers when that day came. I guess I just didn't think that day would be so soon. All I did was laugh. I looked at my 5 year old and nervous laughed for about a minute, then stared back at him for awhile. Then I finally said, "Want some lunch?" 

Maybe next time I'll be more prepared. Anyway, I have a LOAD of Christmas pictures to upload and share. It was so fun having our first "pink" Christmas!

3 comments:

Alys said...

We have been talking about getting a Wii, but I have been skeptical about the Wii fit. Like, will I really use it? So, I am glad to hear you do.
And, I love that Noah is so inquisitive. Luckily I wont have that conversation for a while with Harrison. Such a hard topic with little ones. But, I am hoping living on a farm with animals will help with that one. Have to wait and see...

Emily said...

I am sorry but your story about the birds and the bees made me laugh so hard. So many questions have come up with my baby being born and I have had to answer some really hard questions, so maybe that's why I think it is so funny. I never know how to answer and I know I can't ignore the question for too much longer! Thanks for sharing!

Lori and Brian Faulconer said...

That's hilarious!!! I can just picture him looking at you like, "what do you think I am, an idiot?" I'm so glad I haven't had to field any serious questions like that yet!