We've been eating a lot of spaghetti squash over here! I'm planning on planting some this spring in our garden, so let the trickery continue! These pictures are pretty self explanatory. I just cut one in half, scoop out the seeds and pop it into the microwave for about 9 minutes. Fork the insides when cooked and you'll get wonderfully wriggly noodle like squash! I use ground turkey in my sauce and Lots of extra seasonings like basil, thyme and oregano. I also LOVE the trader joes brand of pasta sauce, and it's only $1.89! Their spaghetti squash is by far the cheapest I've found so far also.
Seriously my kids eat this up like crazy!! little do they know they're sucking down fork fulls of squash! Bwahaha!
4 comments:
You are making me hungry. I saw someone have that on a cooking blog. I need to try it sometime. Oohh, and I can't wait for a summer garden.
It's one of our favorites too. It's so easy to use as a substitute in so many dishes. I like the way you made it though ... simple, delicious, and kid friendly!
I'm totally trying that!
I wish we had Trader Joes. This looks so fun. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment