It's finally happened.
We've been watching Spencer for weeks climb INTO his crib, and trying to ignore his attempts to climb out of the crib. We thought, hey, if we don't make a big deal out of it, he won't try and do it!
Saturday night we awoke to "Mom! Daddy! Excuse me!" Yes, he says "excuse me" in the middle of the night. I think he thinks that will bring us in faster. He also tries the old, "I have to poop!" or "I have to throw up! I need a towel!" So this night he was going with the "excuse me" line and Nick and I looked over at the clock and it was 3am.
So we roll back over and try to go back to sleep.
Next sound we hear, "MOM! DAA..." THUMP! We sat up, looked at each other and jumped out of bed and ran toward the door.
There in the hallway was little Spencie.
He looks up at us and says, "Guys! Guys I just waked up!"
So now we've been forced to put him in a big boy bed.
It's night # 2 and he's sleeping peacefully in his new bed. Lets just hope this lasts!
2 comments:
We came down to Sacramento yesterday to stay until the baby comes. Lance's parents have a port-a-crib, but it is getting small for Peyton so we figured we would try her in her big girl bed here. She slept in it last night and today for nap time (which I was scared for). Both times she did outstanding! Sometimes I guess we just have to wait until they tell us they are ready! Hope it continues to go well with him!
MaryEllen was only 11 months old when she first threw herself out of the crib! SCARY!!!!
I'm trying to get a Yogurt Monkey date together for Me, You and Sheila. I figure we should wait to hear when is good for her first, since she is so much further out. Can you send me your email address? Thanks!
Post a Comment