It all started out so wonderfully!
Isn't that a good way to start a story? Oh how I wish that was where I was beginning.
Let me start over.
It was the day from HELL.
We got up early to catch our flight. The boys were doing pretty well, Noah was so nervous about the airplane ride he hardly ate any breakfast. Spencer was wild and awake as ever!
My dad came to our house to pick us up. We packed up the car, said our goodbyes to Nick, and pulled out of the driveway.
Then we pulled back into the driveway.
We had a flat. A flat that was losing air very fast. I immediately said, "lets get back to the house
and load everything into the other car." but my Dad, being my Dad, was thinking of everything else we could do instead.
SO, long story short, we unloaded and loaded all the luggage at least 3 times, got everyone including car seats into another car and headed toward the airport an hour later.
Of course we get onto the freeway and hit bumper to bumper traffic. We were so not making our flight. But my Dad, also being my Dad was determined to get us on that airplane.
Another long story short, we ran like the family in Home Alone through the airport. Only our version had a 6 month pregnant woman pushing a double stroller with a child in one seat and two car seats and diaper bag piled onto the other seat.
Amazingly, we made it. By the time we sat into our seats on the plane I was completely exhausted! Going through security with kids and all their crap is no fun.
Another lay over and delayed flight by 4 hours later, we were in Spokane.
Flying into Montana was way too expensive so my grandparents were driving out to pick us up.
We meet Jenna and Daxon and we all get everything loaded up into the cars.
AND my Papa's car doesn't start.
So we call AAA and get the kids out of the car so they can play around together.
The poor kiddos were getting tired and very cranky.
45 mins later our problem is fixed! We start the car and our 4 hour drive to their home. The ride was long, and the kid's were troopers!
We could tell my Papa wasn't feeling well and getting pretty tired. So my 11pm that night when we finally arrived at their house, he was really not feeling well.
Another long story short, he was life flighted to the nearest hospital that night and stayed in the hospital for the next 2 days.
He came home and is doing much better.
We were so happy he was back and ready to spend lots of time with him!
Then it hit...
The throw ups and diarrhea.
And it cycled through everyone. So the whole time we barfed and pooped.
And just to make it all better, Spencer was the last to get sick and barfed 6 times on the plane ride back, all the while yelling "I'm gonna frow up!!" before he would.
We had so much fun with our Auntie Jenna! We love her so much and miss her like crazy!
And here is our little Daxy poo! The cousins had so much fun playing together!
And here is my Granny. She's teaching the boys all about wolves! They love her and I'm so glad they got to know her better! She would take them all on walks through the woods and teach them about all the different flowers.
The boys rode on this little cart all through the forest! My Papa was so patient and wonderful with them! He would let Noah take the wheel and he just loved it! And he loves his Great Papa!
Cranky sick kids.
Fishing with his Papa!
Showing his Drumming skills while Daxon danced!
It wouldn't be a party without some underwear dancing!
Playing with Granny!
Our Uncle Ken used to be the fire chief, so the boys got a tour of the station.
And a ride through town in a fire truck!!
Swinging at Uncle Johnny's.
We are so happy we got to go and see our family. Even if we were cranky and not feeling well, it was definitely a trip we'll remember!
4 comments:
Oh, I am SO sorry. That sounds horrible. I was so nervous about flying with Harrison and luckily it turned out okay, and I only had one flight. Worth it to pay a little extra for a non-stop. And, throw up and diarrhea. That couldn't have been fun. But, I bet it was nice to see Jenna and Dax. Only problem, there were NO pictures of you. I wanted to see your cute belly.
Holy CRAP--and barf...how sad! We just got through that too--Justin only puked once though and was through it. I however, puked non-stop for two days. We were camping, I don't know why it has to hit like that!! I also was just hours before it me saying how I feel pregnant women should be immune to ALL other human diseases. It's just not fair to have both!!
So wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see you guys hauling through that airport!!
And I can't believe how big Dax is!! Jenna looks great, hope she's doing great!!!
What a beautiful place your grandparents have! I'm sorry you had to be sick!
what part of Montana do your grandparents live? So sorry you were all sick during your trip. I love Montana.
Post a Comment